Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doodle 4 Google

This was really cool. If you go to Google's homepage between May 11th - 18th, there's a link to go to Google's Doodle 4 Google site. It's a site where Kids all over the country are competing to have their drawings of the word Google displayed on Google.com on May 21st. The theme the Kids were given was "What I wish for the world." I voted for Meaghan Parker's drawing, which I posted above. It made me happy to see her vision on how to represent the word Google for an entire day for the whole world to see.
She's only 17 and this is what she has to say: I wish for more hope, hope for the future. I wish there was more love. Love for the environment and people. I wish for more joy. I wish for peace, a movement for it. I wish for more trees. I wish for gay rights, now.
I only wish the world could see it as clearly as she and I can see it. As cute and very talented as the other Kids drawings are, I would like for you to consider voting for Meaghan's drawing which is located in the grades 10-12 tab. It's a powerful message through artistic imagination that can inspire many people throughout the world for the real meaning of Peace on Earth.

1 comment:

Stephanie(your sister) said...

thats really cool. i never knew you can do that on google. maybe i should try that. and what the little girl said about gay rights was true aswell. i just noticed that when you told me and sam that you were gay, later that night that new rosie o donnel (i have no idea if i spelled her name right)and shes gay too. i guess it was a good time to show us that gays have made it super far and this is only the begining. Gay or not i know that you love me,sam and mom unconditionally and you will always!!